Short Term Disability Insurance for Maternity
Individual Short Term Disability Insurance can replace a portion of your income if you are unable to work. Inquire about disability coverage due to pregnancy.
Our insurance policies can help:
- Provide monthly income to help maintain your way of life
- Provide coverage up to $5, sildenafil malady 000 per month – no physical exam
- Be customized to fit your needs
- Preserve your independence without relying on others
- Protect your dreams and goals
Guaranteed Issue Policies Available for Federal and Postal Employees – Click Here
Having a baby is a wonderful occasion but it comes with missed time from work and expenses. Short Term Disability Insurance and Supplemental Insurance can help with the financial impact of having a baby among other unexpected things like accidents and sickness.
Normal Pregnancy and Complications of Pregnancy
No one wants to think about complications of pregnancy, however it can happen. A complication of pregnancy can lead to several weeks or even months off of work and without a paycheck. Short Term Disability Insurance helps protect your paycheck while your doctor puts you off of work.
What if I don’t have a complicated pregnancy and everything is normal?
We can also show you plans that are available in the instance of a normal uncomplicated pregnancy that help provide paycheck protection while on maternity leave. In most states, you have to have a policy in force for at least 10 months before you deliver your baby. This does not apply in every state. Talk to us today about a plan that will help protect your paycheck. You want to plan ahead as if you are already pregnant at time of purchase, none of the plans we offer will provide coverage.
Do you need short term disability insurance?
You may not need short term disability insurance if you have the financial resources to cover your bills over a 6 or 8 week maternity leave. On the other hand, you should consider purchasing this coverage if:
- You don’t have emergency savings to see you through maternity leave without a paycheck.
- Your savings is earmarked for long-term financial goals.
- You have large debts—such as a mortgage, auto loans or credit card balances that require you to make regular payments.
- You are your family’s sole wage earner.
- Your health or other insurance policies have high deductibles or require out-of-pocket payments.
Getting short term disability coverage
Your employer may offer short term disability insurance as part of your benefits package. Or it may offer you optional disability insurance if you want to make the premium payments yourself.
If you can’t get short term disability insurance through work, talk to us. We can help you decide if you need this kind of coverage and if you and your family are adequately covered for the many unexpected events in life.