Cancer Insurance pays a cash benefit directly to you upon the diagnosis of cancer. Some Cancer Insurance policies will pay a lump sum cash benefit upon initial diagnosis and others will continue to pay over the course of treatment. Use the cash benefits from a Cancer Insurance policy to help with deductibles, mortgage payment, car payment, groceries, gas, cable bill, and any other daily living expenses you may have. Remember Health Insurance won’t write a check to your mortgage company but a Cancer Insurance policy can help.
The high incidence of cancer means that you or someone in your family may develop cancer at some point. And while your health insurance policy may cover a portion of physician, hospital, cancer therapy or prescription drug bills, it probably doesn’t cover them in full.
And your insurance isn’t likely to touch the other major costs of cancer, including loss of income, transportation, childcare, housekeeping and home nursing expenses. If you or another family member is unable to fulfill his or her usual responsibilities while ill, your family and your family’s finances could suffer greatly.
What it covers
Cancer Insurance provides benefits in addition to your other medical or disability insurance. Here are some of the major benefits a supplemental Cancer Insurance policy might provide.
- Help with the mortgage payment and other daily living expenses.
- Help pay your health insurance deductibles and co-pays or even the monthly premium for your health insurance.
- Help pay the cost of gas for driving back and forth to treatments.
- Help pay for childcare.
- The cash from a cancer policy is paid directly to you so you can use it however you need.
Who needs it?
You may not need Cancer Insurance, but you might want to consider this supplemental coverage. You should think about purchasing Cancer Insurance if:
- You have a family history of cancer. (Although, if you’ve already been diagnosed with cancer in the past, you probably won’t qualify for coverage.
- You don’t have enough in savings to pay medical bills your regular health insurance won’t cover.
- You are your family’s sole wage earner.
- You are concerned about protecting your family’s financial assets.
eSupplemental.com represents top rated insurance carriers and will give you rates and information from each of the carriers we represent in your state. Rates are fixed by the state. You can not receive a different rate for the same exact plan anywhere else.